Based in Edinburgh, Scotland
22 January 2013
Apple App Store
Wave Trip is a musical arcade game for iPad and iPhone (universal). You control a mysterious and wonderful geometric astronaut as she travels through worlds of unimaginable beauty and danger, saving her friends through the medium of awesome tunes. All of the worlds can be remixed , letting players create their own levels and share them with the world. Since every object in Wave Trip has musical characteristics, creating a level is just like writing a piece of music - just easier (and with more creepy enemies). Wave Trip was released on January 22nd 2013.
This game is a project from Lucky Frame that combines high-quality music generation with super-fun gameplay. As with Pugs Luv Beats and Bad Hotel, Wave Trip is a music game where the focus is on creation. The structure of the levels is inspired by traditional music sequencers, and remixing and creating an original level is very similar to electronic music. The end result sees music and play fully intertwined and complemented by gorgeous graphics and rewarding gameplay.
- Fun, challenging, and relaxing. All at once.
- Seemless combination of music generation and gameplay.
- Create your own levels, share them with the world.
- Gorgeous artwork.
Logo & Icon
- "Wave Trip is a musical wonderland...an amazingly unique game..."
- Clovis L. Dye, Jr., ifanzine.com
- "Wave Trip is the music creation tool/game I’ve always wanted to play."
- , killscreendaily.com
- "A fascinating rhythm game with slick level creation and sharing tools."
- John Bedford, modojo.com
- "...a musical game that makes you feel like applauding.
- , eurogamer.net
- "... an exciting and engaging musical odyssey.
- Andrew Hayward, maclife.com
- "Wave Trip is very creative and unique in such a finely crafted package."
- Trevor Sheridan, applenapps.com
- "...Lucky Frame has made something special. Give Wave Trip a chance to wow you—it's not likely to disappoint.
- Nissa Campbell, toucharcade.com
- "Wave Trip combines sound and vision in thoroughly unique and ingenious way. It works because it’s different, because it experiments with new ideas and lets you experiment with the results. It’s fun, clever, and a delight to play or listen to. Or both. Highly recommended."
- Giles Turnbull, cultofmac.com
- "...It's fun and challenging, and so deeply inspired by music that it's even structured more like an album than a game. "
- Andrew Webster, theverge.com
- "...Lucky Frame have democratized being Mozart with Wave Trip as creating beautiful scores takes only a slight sense of a beat to pull off."
- Chris Priestman, indiestatik.com
- "Wave Trip is a beautiful, unique, musical iOS game... Not only does it look beautiful, but the game play is innovative and novel... Wave Trip is delivers an almost flawless gameplay experience and sweetens the deal even more with the level editor.
- David Rabinowitz, 148apps.com
- "...Wave Trip is a magnificent creation that inspires and delights.
- Mike Fahey, kotaku.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Lucky Frame
Lucky Frame is a BAFTA-winning creative studio based in Edinburgh, Scotland. We make games, instruments, performance systems, and interfaces, often focusing on creative and accessible approaches to music. Our projects range from award-winning games to interactive music installations for schools, art galleries, and venues around the world.
More information on Lucky Frame, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Wave Trip Credits
Game design, programming