Based in Edinburgh, Scotland
16 July 2013
Gentlemen! is a frantically paced local multiplayer Victorian-themed duelling game. Go head-to-head with your frenemy in 19th Century England, settling your grievances with knives, bombs, deadly homing pigeons, and more. You'll need to hone a delicate balance of technique, knowledge, cunning, and blind panic (just like a real duel!). You'll also need a friend - two players, one screen on the tablet version, up to 4 players on desktop. If you don't have a friend, go and get one. Released 16 July 2013 to iPad and Android and 5 November on Steam!
This game is also about social gaming, in the most local sense of the phrase; at least two players are required, in the same place. We wanted to make a fast paced multiplayer arcade game with ridiculous theming, gorgeous graphics, and awesome music. We think we succeeded.
- Super frantic gameplay.
- Local Multiplayer.
- No boring single player mode.
- Crazy weapons, wonderful controls.
- Beautiful artwork.
- Kickass music.
Logo & Icon
- "Few mobile games offer single-screen action with friends as intense and fun as Lucky Frame’s Gentlemen! "
- Andrew Webster, theverge.com
- "Gentlemen! is never short of gloriously great fun. "
- Jennifer Allen, 148apps.com
- "It's addictive, wonderfully put together, and unlike almost anything else you're going to find on the App Store...under its smarts Gentlemen! hides a brilliant one-on-one battler."
- , pocketgamer.co.uk
- "Lucky Frame has shown great talent with its history of musical games like Bad Hotel and Wave Trip. With Gentlemen!, it shows a sense of honor as well. "
- Nissa Campbell, toucharcade.com
- "When playing Gentlemen!, we couldn’t let the competitive spirit slip and we’re laughing ourselves giddy as complete chaos ensued on the screen. There were even funnier times when we were both tussling on either side of a single platform and trying to get the slip on each other. It’s just very fast and competitive fun that you should definitely try out..."
- Chris Priestman, indiestatik.com
- "The result skilfully combines the arcade immediacy of Super Crate Box with the weaponised chaos of Super Smash Bros, and VVVVVV’s instant gravity-switching..."
- Neil Long, edge-online.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Lucky Frame
Lucky Frame is a BAFTA-winning creative studio based in Edinburgh, Scotland. We make games, instruments, performance systems, and interfaces, often focusing on creative and accessible approaches to music. Our projects range from award-winning games to interactive music installations for schools, art galleries, and venues around the world.
More information on Lucky Frame, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game design, programming
Sound design and music